The Retirement Fund Administrator – Terminations is responsible for all the tasks identified to terminate a fund or participating employer of an umbrella fund.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Key Performance Objectives
- Calculation and payment of all claims i.e. withdrawals, retirements and deaths
- Section 14’s – calculations and preparation of data for drafting.
- Section 14’s – transfer within 60 days of approval from the FSCA
- Compiling of administration reports for the Client.
- Monthly, ad-hoc investments/disinvestment in line with Trustees’ mandates.
- Monthly updating of accounting transactions.
- Asset liability matching.
- Preparation for year-end audits.
- Issuing of member benefit statements
- Compliance with fund rules and legislative requirements.
- Preparation of data for actuarial valuations/bonus declarations.
- Preparation of data for monthly unit price calculations.
- Fund amalgamations and terminations
- Maintain a good relationship with all the relevant departments within a client. This would include the human resource and payroll departments.
- Clean all the old records from the system and prepare the fund/PE for deregistration with the FSCA
- Prepare all documents required for the deregistration with the FSCA and arrange for all required signatures
- Respond to call centre and member enquiries within 24 hours
- Prepare member quotes where necessary.
- Assist team members as required
- Recording and archiving claims on completion thereof
- All the above items should be adhered to within the terminations plan agreed with management
Matric/ Grade 12
- Computer Skills
- Results driven
- Co-ordination Skills.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Time Management.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- Able to work independently
- Strong level of responsibility
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy while working under pressure.
- Must be able to plan daily tasks