Purpose of the Job:
The Member Consultant assumes responsibility for the day-to-day management of a portfolio of health care clients under the supervision of the Consulting Manager. The primary focus is the servicing of clients’ HR and members face to face regarding medical scheme queries, plan advice, billings etc. The Member Consultant is also responsible for induction training and member training. The secondary focus is to assume the responsibility of an Administration Consultant when in the office or as required.
Key Performance Objectives
- Identification of ICU clients
- Identifying common trends within the client and providing solutions in conjunction with the CC
- Implementing proactive services in conjunction with the CC
- Face to face query resolution with members/HR/payroll
- Back office query resolution
- Member plan advice
- Member queries via email, fax or telephonic
- HR training on processes and procedures
- HR queries relating to their monthly billing
- HR queries relating to the medical scheme benefits
- Constant follow up and feedback to relevant parties
- Building of relationships with HR/payroll
- Responsible for updating client information and requirements at branch level
- Member renewals training presentations and one on one sessions as required
- Facilitate the relationship between the client and respective medical scheme/s
- Delivery of presentations to clients
- Rolling out and implementation of healthcare Projects in conjunction with the CC
- Compliance with the NMG Style guide
- Keeping written records of all client communication and interaction within the stipulated time period
- Compulsory to load applications electronically where possible
- All client correspondence is to be signed off and saved in the correct folder according to the style guide
- Capturing daily stats for queries received via email, fax or telephone on CMS
- General assistance to Corporate Consultant and Consulting Manager
- Identifying and pursuing new business and cross selling opportunities
- Have a good understanding of legislation and regulations that govern the health care environment
- Attend internal meetings and training as and when required
- Completion of MI-TIME weekly
- Back-up to other Member Consultants and/or Administration Consultants if required (buddy system)
- Matric certificate
- The Member Consultant will be expected to adhere to any legislative requirements (such as FPI).
- 3-5 years Administration and Health Care Experience.
- Own vehicle and Valid Drivers License
Competencies (skills required).
Administrative Skills: Has attention to detail; abilility to handle and deal with a lot of documents. Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Uses resources effectively and efficiently. Arranges information and files in a useful manner. Perform certain secretarial functions as and when required.
Interpersonal skills: Relates well to all kinds of people. Builds appropriate rapport. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Uses diplomacy and tact. Can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Co-ordination Skills: Able to multi-task in an effective manner. Does not get confused easily. Able to change direction at a moments notice whilst ensuring timeous completion of all operations. Maintains up to date knowledge of all current tasks.
Time Management: Uses their time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates their efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can
attend to a broader range of activities.
Problem Solving Skills: Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Makes use of all resources to get answers. Able to see hidden problems. Good at analysis. Looks beyond the obvious desired objectives.
Communication Skills: Is able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. Able to get the messages across that have the desired effect.