Role: Human Resources Business Partner
Reports to: Head of Human Capital
NMG Benefits provides consulting, actuarial, and administration expertise in the healthcare and retirement fund environments, and this extends to financial planning for individuals. This allows NMG to provide an end-to-end solution across the healthcare, retirement fund, and financial planning needs of employers and their employees.
We urge our clients to look at their employee benefits through an actuarial lens. Our goal is to ensure that the “common contract” between employer and employee – which sets out expectations of performance - is underpinned by informed policies that encourage productivity, loyalty, and an engaged employee but at the same time protect the future financial security of institutions that employ people.
At NMG, the leadership and staff realise that we have been placed in a position of privilege and trust to manage the well-being of our client’s financial futures. We are proud that more than 50 blue chip South African companies such as Aveng, Anglo American, Primedia, Pick n Pay, JP Morgan, and Business Connexion trust our advice and implement our recommendations.
This role is responsible for providing both strategic and operational consultation to employees and leaders within assigned business portfolios with regards to all aspects of the human resource function within NMG Benefits. This includes but is not limited to, talent acquisition, employee and industrial relations, talent development, career pathing, remuneration management, and developing and interpreting people metrics and data
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and driven HR professional in an environment where we truly believe that our people are our best asset.
Key deliverables include:
• Support the implementation of the Human Capital strategy in line with the overall business strategic plan and the key change management priorities in the business
• Act as a Business Partner to managers and key stakeholders within the business, proactively providing advice, guidance, and coaching on issues arising
• In line with the change management and business strategic priorities, identify and support projects to drive employee engagement, employee retention, and improved performance within the assigned business portfolio
• Assist with the articulation of the NMG Benefits culture, company values, and purpose statement and on effectively communicating and embedding these in ways of working
• Support the roll out of annual staff engagement surveys, ensuring appropriate communication of results, assisting with the implementation of subsequent action plans
• Manage ad hoc Human Capital projects as they arise, including those relating to the wider NMG Group
• Provide proactive and efficient support to the business, embodying the core NMG Group values and operating with integrity in all aspects of their work.
• Implement effective processes and procedures, particularly with regards to:
o Recruitment and Induction:
o Facilitate the interview and assessment processes, including psychometric appraisals, to ensure a consistent and appropriate approach
o On-boarding of new employees including effective induction process
• Performance Management and role design:
o Support managers with individual performance issues, ensuring all policies are adhered to whilst a commercial approach is acknowledged
o Assist with job description definition and role design as required
• Compensation and Benefits:
o Assist with the compensation benchmarking process
o Assist with the salary review process and communication to employees
• Talent Management and Development:
o In conjunction with the Learning & Development Manager, implement appropriate Talent Management and Leadership Development programs geared towards building capacity at management, team leader & staff levels.
o Ensure that formal Development plans are in place and implemented
o Manage exit and termination processes ensuring they are conducted appropriately and with regard to both legal considerations and care to any employees impacted.
o Accountable for HR MI and compilation of monthly reports and statistics
o Accountable for monthly Exit Interview and Disciplinary reporting including trend analysis.
• Employee Relations
o Provide ER guidance and support to line managers
o Ensure employee issues are timeously addressed and resolved and escalated where appropriate.
• Tertiary qualification in Business, preferably in a HR related field, with excellent academic performance
• Minimum of 5 - 8 years of experience in a HR role, which would include exposure to working with senior leaders
• Thorough understanding of the HR Business Partnering model
• Strong knowledge of South Africa’s employment legislation and employee relations processes
• Exposure to the benefits, insurance or financial sector industries desirable
• A solid employment relations and/or change management background is desirable
• Ability to travel (domestically) as required
• Reflective of the NMG Values: Collaboration, Curiosity, Go for it, and Make it Count
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage stakeholders throughout the organisation
• Approachable, dynamic and enthusiastic approach
• Ability to partner with and influence Management teams
• Ability to work autonomously
• Innovative, with the ability to proactively identify areas for improvement and make appropriate suggestions for changes within the business
• Highly motivated and resilient
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent critical thinking ability (verbal and numerical)